Easter Vanilla Cupcakes with Passionfruit frosting
5 cups Self -raising flour
2 cups of caster sugar
375 g Butter melted cooled ( unsalted )
2 cups of full cream milk
5 eggs lightly beaten
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups icing sugar
3 Tablespoons passion-fruit pulp ( remove pips)
1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees. Line 12 hole muffin pans with paper cases.( makes 30 large cakes ) ( or 47 small )
2. Combine flour and sugar in a large bowl.
3. Using a fork beat butter, milk, egg and vanilla in a jug.
Pour mixture into the well and stir gently with a spoon to combine or use your mixer on low.
Fill each case with 1/4 cup of mixture using a measure cup and a teaspoon.
Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until golden brown, when a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. .
4. To make icing sift icing sugar add the passion-fruit and mix until a smooth consistency.
5. Cool cakes on a wire rack, when cool ice each cake with frosting, place sugar flower on top to decorate.