Gluten Free Banana Loaf
Butter to grease pan
125g soft butter
1 cup Sugar or Raw Sugar ( I used half and half )
4 Over-ripe Bananas
2 cups Gluten Free Plain Flour
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
Pinch of salt
100g Soft Butter
1/2 cup icing sugar ( may need extra )
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup Maple syrup
1. Preheat Oven to 180 degrees C
2. Beat Butter and Sugar until thick and pale, add eggs and bananas,
then add flour & Bicarbonate of soda
and salt, until all combined.
3. Pour mixture into greased loaf pan, bake for 55 min to 1 hour 10 min.
Until skewer inserted comes out clean. ( cover with foil from 40 mins )
I have a hot oven so cooked at 175 degrees for 40 mins then 160 degrees for extra 30 mins.
4. Cool in pan for 10 mins
5. Make icing beat butter and sugar slowly add other ingredients.
6. Take loaf from pan and cover with glad wrap for 30 to 40 mins.
7. When cake is cooled top with Maple icing.