Shirley Temple Cake
1.5 cups of unsalted butter softened.
3 cups of raw sugar
3 cups of plain flour
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
3/4 cup of lemonade
1 jar of maraschino cherries, drained and juice reserved
maraschino cherries for serving.
2 cups of icing sugar
1 tablespoon of Lemon juice
3 tablespoons of milk
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees fan forced
- Beat Butter and sugar until well combined and becoming smooth.
- Add the eggs and beat until well blended
- Add the flour and beat until a smooth batter
- Pour in lemon juice and lemonade and mix by hand until smooth.
- Fold in cherries.
- Spread mixture into the base of a greased and floured bundt pan and bake for 1 hour 20 minutes or until a skewer is clear when you test.
- Turn cake straight from the oven onto the serving dish, and cool slightly, then skewer poke holes all over the top of the cake and pour over all of the cherry juice. Making sure the juice gets soaked up.
- Let cool completely.
- Make your glaze and drizzle over the top of the cake. Leave to dry completely before serving to form a hard glaze.
- To serve fill the middle of the cake with cherries and place others on top of the cake and around the base.
- Enjoy 🙂