Vanilla Cupcakes with White Frosting
200g plain flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
180g Olive butter
150g Caster Sugar
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees
2. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy add vanilla
3. Add eggs one at a time, beat well between additions.
4. In a separate bowl sieve the flour & baking powder and salt.
5. Slowly add to the mixture while beater is running.
6. Beat for a few more minutes
7. Scoop 250g of the mixture into a patty pan placed in the muffin pan tray and bake for 15 min on the top row.
Cool on wire rack ….. on to the frosting
250g of Copha grated to make a cup of shortening
4 cups of icing mixture
3 tablespoons of water
Stir the ingredients by hand with your paddle before turning the mixer on.( this saves icing dust flying all over the kitchen )
I recommend using the mixer stand this takes a while.
Beat all ingredients for 5 minutes for best results leave covered with a damp tea towel for 10 minutes
the whip again until light and fluffy you could add another tablespoon of water if the mixture is to heavy.
Pipe swirls onto your cooled cupcakes.