Vanilla White Cake
Serves 20 to 25 Ladies
1 cup butter softened
1/2 cup vegetable shortening
3 cups of white sugar
3 cups of plain flour ( white wings )
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/2 cup of full cream milk
1/2 cup of buttermilk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat Oven to 180 degrees.
Prepare 3 X 23cm Cake Pans with non-stick baking paper on the base and butter the walls and base and finish with flour.
2. Cream Butter and Shortening until light and fluffy with a electric mixer.
Add 1 cup of sugar at a time , making sure to fully incorporate each cup before adding another.
Add one egg at a time beat well between additions.
3. Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Pour milks and vanilla into a measuring jug and whisk together with a fork.
4. Add to butter and shortening mix alternatively with milk, beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
5. Gently mix all ingredients until well combined. Stop mixer and scrape down the sides and bottom of bowl making sure all ingredients
are well combined.
Butter Cream Frosting
4 cups icing sugar
1/2 cup butter softened
1/2 cup of shortening
2 to 3 tablespoons of full cream milk
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
In a large bowl beat icing sugar, butter, shortening on low speed until blended.
Beat in milk and vanilla on medium speed until smooth.
Blob some frosting on the cake stand then place first layer frost each layer finishing
with a thick layer on the sides and top of cake.
I decorated the finished cake with silver Cachous and fresh Roses.
Chill for a hour before serving.